Sunday, February 10, 2013

Paleo Lasagna=Success!

I have been loosely following the Paleo way of eating for about the past five weeks. Most days I do really well as long as I have food in the house. My downfall is the 100% honey whole wheat bread from Great Harvest Bread Company...if you've never been there, go NOW! Their bread is delicious and made from 5 or less ingredients compared to store bread which has about 20 ingredients in it (yuck and unnecessary).

Back to Paleo...you can google it to find more information as there's a lot out here. The link below is my go-to website for Paleo friendly recipes. Tonight I made Paleo lasagna. Admittedly, I was a bit worried about what my husband and kids would think but every gave it two thumbs up. The only difference between Paleo lasagna and regular lasagna is Paleo is made with zucchini thinly sliced in place of the noodles, and it contains no dairy (no cottage cheese, parmesan, or mozzarella). My husband did shred some cheddar cheese "just in case". ;)

Grace had two helpings (which is unusual as she barely finishes one helping of anything), and William had FOUR helpings! He loved it when normally he says, "I don't like lasagna" followed by arms crossed and grumpy face. I didn't bother to call it lasagna at first. I simply said, "We are having....dinner!" Not only did William have 4 helpings of Paleo lasagna, he also had four helpings of romaine lettuce with Paleo friendly dressing. He has always said he doesn't like tomatoes (although I can't say for sure that he's every tried one except the ones I hide in chili and spaghetti and pizza), but tonight he asked for some sliced tomatoes with his salad and loved them! Yah! Although tomorrow, I'm sure he will be back to not liking them.

Salad Dressing:
http://www.paleoplan.com/2011/07-07/simple-salad-dressing/

Lasagna:
http://beta.primal-palate.com/recipe/zucchini-lasagna/

No comments:

Post a Comment